Monday, October 11, 2010

Brooks Conrad step off the ledge its not all your fault

Brooks Conrad is getting absolutely crushed in the "media" and its a total shame. Without this guy your not even in the playoffs. While I am very mad he booted that ball that cost us the game he does not deserve all the blame. The blame has to be split with the "almighty" Bobby Cox. I know, I know, I can't say a single word about Bobby Cox without everyone telling me im a hater, Bobby Cox is the man your an idiot or my personal favorite "You cant hold Bobbys jock."

 Let me start by saying that holding Bobbys jockstrap is about the last thing on earth I would ever want to do. Brooks Conrad has shown over the last few weeks that he as a very poor defensive player. Whether its mental, hes hurt or whatever, he hasnt been able to consistantly make routine plays. So up comes back tat who hits the 2 run game changing Bomb down the right field line. Easily the third most clutch hit in Atlanta Braves history. The First being David Justice's bomb to win the World Series and the other being Francisco Cabrera's game winning single to send the Braves to the World Series in 1992. Now that we have the lead we should be doing everything we can to make sure we have the absolute best defensive lineup behind Kimbrell. McLouth is brought in Ankiel but Brooks Conrad remains in to play 2nd. I literally could not believe what I was seeing. No wait! Actually I can. Bobby Cox is showing his "Loyalty" and wanting to prove to everyone that he is smarter than everyone else. This loyalty you speak of, it cost us the series. Their is no way to know whether or not we would of won the game at that point as the game was tied but we sure as hell are about as done as you can be in the series. You dont come back from stuff like that. The emotional high that everyone had after the back tat blast was quickly lost with the 5 hole stunner from Conrad. Is it Conrads fault he can't field? Of course, but at the same time its a managers job to put his players and team in the best situation to win and Bobby Cox did not do that. What is so sad about all of this is that not one person on the radio or in the paper will say anything about Cox leaving him in. He gets a free pass just like he always has. This is so fitting that he is going out this way. Lets not even talk about making the move with Kimbrell. Kimbrell is your closer now. He is the heir apparent to Wagner and everyone in the organization is high on this kid. He throws absolute cheddar. Let him finish the inning. If hes your closer then let him be your closer. Aubrey Huff hits lefties better than he does righties. So for all your numbers guys out there explain that decision to me? You bring in a pitcher that the hitter has proven he hits better. Seems pretty logical to me.

 I cannot cite specific examples of bobby doing this over the years but I know it has happened and it has happened at critical times. Everyone is so quick to defend this guy but the second anyone says anything about him your labeled a Braves Hater and a Bobby Cox hater. I dont hate Bobby Cox. I actually like the guy but he deserves to be called out for this. The decision he made put a guy in a terrible position and now he will be remembered as the guy who blew the series when in reality it should have never been that way. Again, without Brooks Conrad we are sitting at home watching reruns of Full House.

I got your back Conrad and I am calling it like I see it. Whatever, call me a Bobby hater but that move is indefensible yet somehow no one has said anything about it. Why? Because this is his last season so that makes it ok? Get out of here. This city lives for mediocrity. You think this flies in NY or Boston? Hell no. People would still be calling for Conrads head but they would call for the Managers as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who do you think the next manager will be!?...love you!

Chris_Mcdonald said...

Thanks for the comment!

Ya know i dont know. I really want anyone but Terry Pendleton bc Terry Pendleton seems like a Bobby clone. The Braves need someone who is going to challenge them not coddle them everytime they screw up and tell them its ok. Fredy Gonzalez has my vote. Hes familiar with the team and has proven he can handle a team. I dont think he will put up with any BS.

Love ya!

 

Blogger

Join the Council

Bro Nameth T-Shirts

Bro Nameth T-Shirts
Just Bro It.

BroNamethSports (BroNamethSports) on Twitter