Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cowboys/Jets Super Bowl, Really??

Seems like every time the television gets turned to ESPN while NFL Live or Sportscenter is rambling on and on with predictions about this football season, two statements are made more often than not. "Out of the NFC I like the Cowboys to make the big game, and the
Jets are the front runners to make it out of the AFC." Really?? I could not disagree more for the following reasons. Cowboys: Tony Romo (he is not worthy of Tony BROmo). Really thats all I could say to justify my point because Romo chokes more than Bill Buckner. This is the guy who is going to lead you to the Promised Land? Better get him off the golf course and in the film room first. Forget about the Super Bowl, be worried about winning your division first and then maybe, MAYBE, win a playoff game (coughing noise) Wade Philips. Roy Williams can't decide if he wants to play like a number 1 receiver, Miles Austin is a fraud, and your rookie wide receiver hasn't played football at a competitive level in over a year (thanks Neon Deion for the advice). If not for your tandem of running backs, the passing game would be a joke anyway. Now, other than DeMarcus Ware, name two other players on their defense..........yea I couldn't either.

On to this other magical team in the NFL that all commentators and media folk alike are enamored with, the New York Jets. I like watching Hard Knocks just as much as the next guy, and yes, Rex Ryan is the epitome of a BRO, but they may not even be the best team playing in their new stadium. The NFL is a quarterback driven league, and the Jets quarterback is a fairly unproven second year player who lowers his head and tucks his tail between his legs after he doesn't complete a pass. Sure Sanchez was ok last season, but remember Matt Ryan's rookie year? He played great and lead the Falcons to a Wild Card playoff berth. Now I know your saying, "well Sanchez went to the AFC title game." I hear you Bro Montana, but Matt Ryan didn't have Darelle Revis and a number one defense on his team either. I will give the Jets props on the coaching staff, and obviously their nasty D as well. However, they better hope Sanchez doesn't throw as many picks as he is capable of throwing. Don't forget, at times, Braylon Edwards can't catch a beach ball at a Jimmy Buffet concert.

Who do I like? Quarterback driven league = NFC: Drew Brees and the defending Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints (I'm not being a homer). AFC: Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts. However, my sleeper team is the Baltimore Ravens. That team is stacked. Joe Flacco only gets better with time, Ray Rice, and now throw in Anquan Boldin. Gah lee, I almost threw up on myself, that offensive trio is so gross.

I may be in the minority but when I hear the Super Bowl favorites for this 2010 NFL season are the Jets and Cowboys, I can't help but think, 'Really??'

1 comments:

Chris_Mcdonald said...

I was at the Jimmy Buffet concert in Atlanta and low and behold it was Braylon Edwards who popped the beach ball when it was hit his way bc he has stone hands. RUINED the concert

 

Blogger

Join the Council

Bro Nameth T-Shirts

Bro Nameth T-Shirts
Just Bro It.

BroNamethSports (BroNamethSports) on Twitter