Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Music is in the Air

I want to offer some constructive criticism for the Atlanta Braves. Don’t get me wrong, they are in first place and are playing great ball. Any team that can win more than they lose with Derek Lowe pitching deserves praise. I am very impressed with where they are this point in the season, especially without much help from the front office. The criticism that I have is only for some of the players. Tonight, we will be discussing intro songs and what needs to change.

Brian McCann comes out to an array of songs, but most commonly “All I Do is Win.” My advice to McCann is to change his song to “Help” by the Beatles. Maybe Frank Wren will get the hint!

Now that Chipper Jones is out for the season, I don’t want to pick on him too much. With that disclaimer already written, let’s be honest. He came out to “Crazy Train,” which is a great song. What he should have played was the one thought constantly running though his mind… “It’s Five O’clock Somewhere.” With that being played, no one would have to question why he missed 95% of all day games.

Matt Diaz comes out to “Take My Life” by Jeremy Camp. I will skip all of the obvious connotations with that song and I want to commend him for throwing that idea out there. I am impressed that he chose a Christian song. Christianity’s main focus is on the afterlife, and I hope Diaz’ focus is on life after baseball. While I give him credit for making it to The Bigs, I hope he is saving money. Rather than think of a new song, I suggest he keeps convincing Frank Wren that power is overrated.

Troy Glaus comes out to “It’s Tricky” by Run D.M.C. That is a much better choice than his self-written parody of Sir Mix A Lot, called “I Like Big Bats.”

Jason Heyward has a great song choice in “Kryptonite.” The only other choice I would suggest is the Mighty Mouse theme song, “Here I Come To Save The Day.”

I would be talking about Nate McLouth changing his song too, but he is too busy in AAA listening to “Everybody Hurts” by REM.

Until Next time…

0 comments:

 

Blogger

Join the Council

Bro Nameth T-Shirts

Bro Nameth T-Shirts
Just Bro It.

BroNamethSports (BroNamethSports) on Twitter