Thursday, November 18, 2010

Picking Contest Update, Braves Chatter and a Funny video

Well we are into the 3rd week for the picking contest and the first 2 weeks for myself have been pathetic. At this point everyone on here will get a shirt just because I am so bad. Here is where we stand:



Wk1
Wk 2
Wk 3
Wk 4
Wk 5
Wk 6
Wk 7
Wk 8
Total
Jeffrey
5
6






11
Jason
5
6






11
Mary
4
5






9
Chris
3
4






7
Bo
0
3






3
Pat 
0
3






3

It is definitely not to late and Jason's friends need to step their game up. Seriously come strong or don't come at all. Just post your picks on the blog and your in. Winner gets a free T-Shirt. Very simple!

College Games: Taken from YAHOO!
  • VT (-2.5) @ MIAMI...GIVE ME DA HOKIES -2.5
  • WISCONSIN (-4) @ MICHIGAN.....GIVE ME DA BADGERS -4
  • UNC (-2.5) vs. NCSTATE....GIVE ME UNC -2.5
  • S.CAROLINA (-22) vs. TROY....GIVE ME TROY +22
  • OHIO STATE (-3) @ IOWA....GIVE ME IOWA +3
NFL GAMES: Taken from USA TODAY
  • ATLANTA (-3) @ ST. LOUIS....GIVE ME DA FALCONS -3
  • PHIILY (-3) vs. GIANTS....GIVE ME DA EAGLES -3
  • PATRIOTS (-3) vs. INDIANAPOLIS...GIVE ME HOME OF DA PATS -3
  • NY JETS (-7.5) vs. DETROIT....GIVE ME DA JETS -7.5
  • GB (-3) @ MINNESOTA.....MINNESOTA +3
WEEKEND CHOICES:
  • Harry Potter or The Next 3 Days....The Next 3 days
  • Brook Burke or Eva Longoria....Brooke Burke
  • Take a fastball to the face from Randy Johnson or get caught in bed with Ray Lewis' wife....Fastball to the grill
  • Mercedes or Range Rover.....Range Rover
  • $180,000 or a National Championship....National Championship
Bartender!!!.....JACK!!!
Frank Wren is a beast. Absolute Beast. In case you havent heard the Braves traded for Dan "Yo Momma is" Uggla the other day for Omar "Gooding" Infante and Mike Dunn. Uggla has averaged 32 HR and 97 RBI's a season in his 5 seasons in the pros. Considering we gave up a BP reliever and a glorified journeyman I would say this is an absolute steal. The Braves have added a MUCH needed power bat and with a TON of money coming off the books next year Uggla will get signed to a 4-5 year deal. We have given ourselves a pretty strong core of younger players that could allow the Braves to make a run at it every year for the next 6-7 years. I have been pretty hard on Frank Wren but what a great trade!

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK=====================>


For those of you who have not seen Celebrity Jeopardy you are seriously missing out....ENJOY!!

Feed me the goods ladies and gentleman. I just want to thank everyone that reads on a daily basis and provides comments and criticism. Big shout out to Mary McDonald, J Holbergeezy, Bo Zimmerman, Brett Kasten, Jenna Lewis, Whoadey Dunndre and everyone else who reads. Comment so I know who's reading and you might get a shout out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

*VT
*Wisconsin
*NCState
*I just can't bring myself to ever pick against my team although i know i'll lose this spread..GO COCKS!
*Ohio State


*Dirty Birdssss
*Eagles
*Colts
*Jets
*Vikings

*the next 3 days?
*Tony Parker
*no comment
*range rover
*national champ.

Jeff Holzberg said...

The Uggla trade is butter to my burnt biscuit, and the next pickup we make for BJ Upton will be the bacon on top of that. I hate losing Dunn, though, cause he was a beast out of the pen, but the braves make good relievers out of nobodies.
Onto the picks, so I can continue to reign...

College:
- VT
- Wisconsin
- UNC
- Troy (are we really gonna have to pick every SC game even if it's boring?)
- Ohio State

NFL:
- Atlanta
- Giants
- Pats
- Detroit (the Jets have been scraping by the last couple weeks, winning barely in OT)
- GB

Weekend:
- 127 days. This movie looks badass.
- Both
- Take the fastball. I want to be able to sleep at night. Plus, Ray Lewis' wife would prob. dominate me in bed.
- Range Rover.
- National Championship

TJ Eckleburg12 said...

This looks like fun, sorry I'm late but I'll still win anyway :P

@ Jeff, Mike Dunn was somewhat expendable because we have Venters and O'Flaherty, so we're all set at LH relief pitching, and lefties are imminently tradeable if you've already got it locked down, so we did.

give me:

-Miami
-Wisconsin
-NC State
-South Carolina
-Iowa

-Atlanta
-NYG
-Patriots
-Detroit
-Green Bay

-The next 3 days
-Brooke Burke
-Fastball to the grill might hurt probably won't kill me
-Range Rover
-National Championship

Chris_Mcdonald said...

welcome aboard! Always enjoy the comments.

I agree trading Mike Dunn is like giving away a pack of sunflower seeds. You got plenty of em.

GADDY said...

VT
WISCONSIN
NCSTATE
TROY
OHIO STATE

ATLANTA
PHILLY
PATRIOTS
JETS
GB

THE NEXT 3 DAYS
BROOK BURKE
FASTBALL TO THE FACE, (ATLEAST I WONT DIE!)
RANGE ROVER
$180,000

Patrick Ian said...

Miami
Wisconsin
UNC
South Carolina
Iowa
Appalachian State

Atlanta
Philadelphia
Patriots
Jets
Minnesota

Scent of a Woman
Brooke
The Fastball
Land Rover Defender
I’d Take Integrity

Anonymous said...

I am late posting because I have been in hiding:
I was caught in bed with Mrs Lewis
I need the $180K for a plastic surgery identity change
Try to find me "little Ray"

Chris_Mcdonald said...

HAHAHA i Dont think taunting Ray lewis would be a good idea...hes killed people before.

 

Blogger

Join the Council

Bro Nameth T-Shirts

Bro Nameth T-Shirts
Just Bro It.

BroNamethSports (BroNamethSports) on Twitter