Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Free For All....Volume 10.0

Friday Free For All…..Volume 10.0
By: J-Shannon
What is the good word all of your Bro Nameth Supporters? It is Friday, and yes, it is time for the NFL Playoffs. Who isn’t excited about the upcoming games? I know I am, but I’m even more excited that the hometown Falcons will be kicked back in Flowery Branch watching the playoffs on TV, thanks to that FIRST ROUND BYE BIATCHES! Sit back and prepare for a star studded, jam packed FRIDAY FREE FOR ALL……

----The “I THINK YOU SHOULD KNOW” Stories from this Week:
Big Congrats to Eric LeGrand….
There is some big news out of New York. If you haven’t heard the story of Eric LeGrand, he was a Defensive Tackle for Rutgers University. Eric is a 6-2 275 pound Defensive Tackled who was paralyzed from the neck down during nasty collision in a game on October 16 against Army. It turns out, LeGrand has gained some of the feeling back in his entire body, and has some movement in his shoulders. This is a great story, considering he was told he would never have feeling again.
Life Between College and the Pros- A Tim Tebow Story….
I watched this very late Thursday night, and it was phenomenal. This story gives you great insight as to all the preparation that goes into preparing for the NFL Draft. I actually found myself to like Tim Tebow a lot by the end of the show. Def. take some time to check it out, I highly recommend it.

----Things that Have Pissed Me off This Week:
Andrew Luck, Really?
Look Bro, I know you go to Stanford, and you’re probably just a tad smarter than me. But why in the hell would you not forgo the rest of your college career and head for the NFL? You are all but guaranteed to be the Number 1 Pick and the Draft. Yea, I know you would be playing for Carolina, but in the mean time you’ll have a cool $130 Million or so sitting in your account.
Second, if you haven’t been paying attention, the NFL is on the verge of a Lockout. So even if you throw 97 touchdowns and 0 picks next season, there might not even be a league for you to get drafted into for the next couple of years. I’m not saying that is going to happen, but there is always that possibility.
Lastly, I got a little phrase you might want to start thinking about: “Rookie Pay Scale.” Do you have any idea what that means? It means Rookies such as yourself that may be coming into the league won’t be getting these fat ass contracts that you don’t deserve yet. Stanford boy, do a little more thinking on this, and head for the Draft guy….
Georgia Football Coach Mark Richt….
Did anyone get a chance to catch the end of the season press conference from Tuesday? You would have thought the guy not only won the SEC East, but was preparing to play in the National Championship. Look, I’m not a Georgia fan at all, so I really don’t give a shit personally, but if I was a Georgia fan, I want my Coach to tell me the attitude, recruiting, and overall direction of the program is changing. The team struggled all season, and looked mediocre at best. I’m not bashing Georgia because I’m a Gamecock; I’m speaking the truth because I know how the Bulldog faithful are feeling. It would have been nice for Richt to come out and say yes, it was a rough season, yea, it didn’t go the way he wanted, and yea shit is going to change.
It has to be nice as a Georgia Bulldog fan to sit back and watch the Sugar Bowl Tuesday night and see a Georgia Boy dominate on the D-Line for Ohio State. Oh yea, by the way, 2 boys from Georgia decided yesterday sorry Coach Richt, they will be playing for Alabama and Auburn. I personally think he is done after this year….
--Youtube Clips of the Week:
The first Youtube Clip of the week is a shout-out to the Lonely Island Boys…. Another great song featuring them and AKON…. This well definitely be a Soundtrack for the boat this summer…..Enjoy.


The second Youtube Clip of the week is an old school shout-out to the Show Biz Pizza Band. Now you have to be a little older to be Show-Biz Pizza, but it was our version of the Chucky Cheese. Don’t ask me who has enough time on their hands for this, But check out the band making a comeback…..



--The “LIVIN’ THE DREAM” Legend of the Week:
Last week, we covered Kirk Herbstreit, and went over why he has one of the best lives in the world. This week’s “Livin’ the Dream” Legend of the week: JERRY JONES
Talk about a legend, the man owns the most popular Football Team in the land. A typical day in the life of Jerry involves going to practice, kicking back with his feet on his desk, and deciding what to buy that day. He just built the biggest and most bad ass stadiums in sports, dubbed “Jerryland.” Jerry Jones is Living the Dream…..
--Prediction for the Upcoming Week:
I got a couple of solid coaching predictions for the upcoming weeks. Mark it down; I’m a solid 75% for predictions so far in the Friday Morning Free for All. Here is how I think the Coaching Carousel will end up:
NFL-
Carolina Panthers            Perry Fewell
Cleveland Browns-          Mike Holmgren
Oakland Raiders-              Who knows with Al Davis
San Francisco 49ers-       Jim Harbough
Denver Broncos-              Mike Malarkey
Miami Dolphins-               Tony Sparano Stays
Falcon’s New OC-            Josh McDaniels
Vince Young-                     Houston Texans
 COLLEGE-
Michigan-                            Les Miles
This is just my opinion, and if you don’t like it? Oh well, Tell me who you think will end up where……

--The Ordinary Bro who deserves Recognition this Week:
Let’s give some love to a guy who definitely deserves credit, the “Guy Who Successfully Starts a Wave” guy. It takes a lot of time and patience to successfully start a good wave at a large sports event. Although there is always some tool who gives it a try, it takes a real Bro to get it started. Shout out to that guy……

--Shout-Outs for the Weekend:
·         The Golden One- You know who you are, and you know how special you are.
·        Tom Cable- Peace out home slice. Look at the bright side, I still have no idea how you became a head coach in the NFL, but you give hope to all of those other losers out there who shouldn’t be head coaches, but somehow find a way.
·         Mark Ingram- Heading to the NFL, Ingram is projected somewhere around 23, wouldn’t be a bad spot for the Texans, Jags, or Tampa.
·         Homeless Dude with Voice- Dude was homeless, now works for MSNBC and the NFL= Baller
·         Big East Basketball- Domination, that’s all I’m saying. 8 teams in the Top 25…
·         ACC Basketball- It use to be your claim to fame, but without Duke, people wouldn’t even know the ACC has basketball this season….what happened?
·         BG- I know it was rough, but hang in there kid. You’ll be ok. 


As always, it’s been a pleasure. Leave a comment if you disagree with anything I got to say, and I’ll prove to you why you are wrong….. Check in again Monday Suckazzzzz.

3 comments:

TJ Eckleburg12 said...

As a UGA fan I think this Tony Barnhardt AJC piece encapsulates the way UGA fans feel the most judiciously.

http://blogs.ajc.com/barnhart-college-football/2011/01/03/what-the-bulldog-nation-wants-to-hear-from-mark-richt/

I think Richt is great, I take a longer view, and I think people misunderstand his personality and his stregths. I want to see what he molds with Aaron Murray, and I'm judging that on a 4-year scale.

re: Luck, I think people aren't playing up the work stoppage issue enough as well, haha he'll be quite the chump if he's the test case for the rookie pay scale! But by all accounts, kid comes from money, seems to have his head on straight, I think it's kind of refreshing.

TJ Eckleburg12 said...

Also, about the NFL coaching,

Mike Mularkey is getting the most buzz, but I'd be more worried about (and more panicked over) the other one, Brian Van Gorder. I simply love the plan he put together against Sean Payton last time, and I think his coaching talent and relationship with Smith is irreplaceable.

Chris_Mcdonald said...

Krieger-

i agree with you on Van Gorder...he and Smith have like an older brother younger brother relationship....i remember a game where the defense was struggling and smith looked over at Van Gorder and Van Gorder you could read his lips said "I fucking got it"

and smith just nodded and moved on...

 

Blogger

Join the Council

Bro Nameth T-Shirts

Bro Nameth T-Shirts
Just Bro It.

BroNamethSports (BroNamethSports) on Twitter