Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Crappy Monday

Happy Crappy Monday Morning……

Another fun weekend in the books, and another crappy Monday Morning is here. After a much talked about and anticipated trip to Nashville to see Eason-Welch and the Gamecocks do work, I ended up not being able to make the trip. I’m still pretty pissed about it, not just because I couldn’t go, but also because I have my two tickets I paid for sitting on my desk. So this morning is an exceptionally Crappy Monday Morning…. But the good news is I’ve got a hot and fresh top 10 for your pleasure…. Enjoy.

1. BCS Getting Things Right again….

The second week of the BCS standings are out, and I’m happy to see the results. Auburn has leapfrogged everyone is now the New #1. Start your whining TCU and Boise State. Why did Auburn get the nod for #1? It’s because they play tough, actual opponents each and every week. Teams in the SEC do not have the luxury of playing High Schools and Cupcakes each and every week. I think “The Nature Boy” Rick Flair said it best, To Be the Man, you got to Beat the Man. You don’t get rewarded for beating no name colleges, put some teams on your schedule then I’ll listen to your arguments. Auburn racked up 440 yards of rushing offense against LSU Saturday, the most ever allowed by LSU. By the way, LSU has the number one rushing defense in the SEC, like Rick said, to be the best you got to beat the best.

2. When I’m right, I’m right…..

If you read my Friday morning weekend preview, you had a chance to check out my picks for the weekend. If you didn’t read it, you mean nothing to me. My partner in crime Chris told me I was nuts that Missouri would knock off Oklahoma. I hate to brag but Chris, that happened. I ended up going 6-1 for the weekend, only losing the Georgia game, which I really only picked because of my hatred for UGA and their fan base of which 90% not only didn’t go to UGA, but didn’t go to college at all. One more game I had picked and it’s tonight Giants vs. Cowgirls game.
Giants > Cowgirls.

3. Second Chances, everyone deserves them….

2010, the Year of the Redo. Over the weekend, I realized that some people are making good out of their second or third chances. Mike Williams, the former #1 Draft Choice of the Lions, is starting to look like a Good WR in Seattle. Once he was drafted in the NFL, he got fat, lazy, and out of shape. He was arguably one of the biggest bust ever. But the kid is doing work with his second chance, catching 11 balls yesterday for 88 yards and a touchdown. Adam “Pacman” Jones, is doing the same in Cincinnati. The kid sat out of football for a year, was arrested like 21 times, and could have cared less about his football career. But Sunday he returns a kickoff 82 yards, and has a fumble recovery for a touchdown. And MV7, Michael Vick, we have all witnessed his resurrection up in Philly.


4. The Bigger they are, the Harder they fall….

So I was wrong about one thing this weekend. Take notes because it doesn’t happen to o often. But Brock Lesnar got his ass handed to him Saturday night. I didn’t get to see it live, but the replay shows it wasn’t even close. The guy didn’t even last the entire first round. Oh well, it was still def. entertaining.

5. McDonalds….

Let me tell you something that really pisses me off. You have a late night meal at the Golden Arches, after a night out with friends, and all you want is the item that is advertised on every window of the entire restaurant. You go to order your large Sweet Tea, and they say they don’t have any made. Now correct me if I’m wrong, but how hard is it to Brew Sweet Tea? If your ass is too lazy to make it, then don’t advertise it. That’s all I’m saying.

6. The NHL Season Has Kicked OFF!

Who Cares, Next Topic.

7. Roddy White is a Stud….

Roddy White proved yesterday that he is one of the top 3 receivers in the league. The guy makes a comment this week, saying he doesn’t even know the names of the DB’s for the Bengals, but he is going to go out there and do work all over them Sunday. Well he did just that, to the tune of 11 receptions, 201 yards, and 2 Touchdowns. The kid makes it look so easy. I’m still trying to figure out how USC let him leave the state of South Carolina after High School and go to UAB? Slide over Andre Johnson, you’re going to have to make room at the top.

8. The Quack Attack…..

So I give the Pac-10 a lot of crap, because honestly I think they play soft football and they have some pretty bad teams out west. But I watched the Oregon Game Thursday night, and they are pretty damn good. Their offense is a machine. After they run a play, they sprint to the new line of scrimmage and get set in their base formation. They then look over to the sideline, where a backup QB is holding up a poster with four random pictures. I mean random, one had a 4 leaf clover, Lee Corso, a grizzly bear, and a rainbow. Once the board is shown, the ball is snapped, with 20 seconds left on the play clock. The Oregon head coach said that if the ball is snapped with less than 15 seconds left on the clock, he is upset. Their offense smoked the ball up and down the field. I’m going to be honest, I would love to see their offense go up against a nasty SEC defense. If they play Auburn in the BCS title game, I’m predicting a final score of 55-49, with over 1000 yards combined.


9. World Series Pick…….

Since the Braves didn’t have a chance in hell of winning a playoff series, because Bobby Cox thinks that winning the regular season every year is more important, I’m glad to see that the Giants and Rangers are going to do Battle. If I have to make a pick, I’m pulling for the Rangers. The team has never been to the “ship” before, and I’m down for the new guy winning it all. Josh Hamilton=Stud. By the way, he is a free agent; I’d love to see that guy set up shop in Turner Field for the next 5 or 6 years. Doubtful, but I can hope right. The series goes 6 games, and the Rangers bring home the trophy.

10. Playing to the Competition…

I’m still trying to figure this one out. Why is it that when the Gamecocks play the number one team in the nation, they look like one of the most impressive teams in the nation. But when we play worst team in the SEC, we look like one of the worst teams in the SEC? South Carolina has been like this as long as I can remember. Look at this season, we play a pretty good Georgia, and beat up on Georgia. We go to Auburn at night, and play a damn good team, and we hung in there until the end. Then we come home and play Furman, and look like a division 2 school. One time can we just rise up and go on the road and play like a good football team. Yes I know we won, and yes I know we didn’t have Lattimore, but seriously, we should have been able to go to Nashville and win easily….


There you go boys and girls; there is your Top Ten for the week. Check back in Friday Morning for the Friday Free For All. I got to give a special shout out to Meghan McClamb and Schmee…. Thanks for the support ladies.

Leave me your thoughts and comments on the facebook post…. See you all Friday morning Suckazzzzzz.

3 comments:

Chris_Mcdonald said...

Well played on Mizzou. I thoguht UGA would win but like you I hate their guts. Carolina might be the most frustrating team in the country. Oregons offense is obsurd. Like you said, they get to the line of scrimmage so fast the defense can sub. Chip Kelly is a good ass coach and I dont see them losing all year. What is going to be interesting is when Auburn loses to Alabama and then if Bama loses the SEC championship game or something like that. Does Boise sneek in?? Hell to the naw!! Boise can suck it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, love the rick flair shout out. Rick Flair is also a personal friend of Steve Spurrier! Spurrier is such a bad ass

Anonymous said...

love the post this week...agree with #1, although still bitter from our loss to them-we should have won..Carolina is killing me, how are we still loyal fans?...and in regards to #5...J-"i ate chicken nuggets last night?"
thanks for shout out :)

Chris_Mcdonald said...

You remember when we rolled through Steak N Shake when they first opened at like 3 in the morning? And the guy told us they were closed and right next to the window was this huge flashing "24 Hours" sign?? HAHAHA "bro your def. open were staring at the sign!!"

Good times!

 

Blogger

Join the Council

Bro Nameth T-Shirts

Bro Nameth T-Shirts
Just Bro It.

BroNamethSports (BroNamethSports) on Twitter