Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Crappy Monday

Happy Crappy Monday Morning……

Hello Boys and Girls, it is another Crappy Monday Morning for everyone. It’s the first day of November, yea I don’t know where the time went either, but needless to say it is still a pretty crappy morning. I did a lot of traveling this weekend, and I’m going to be honest, I’m tired and cranky. But here it is, I learned a lot over the weekend….. Enjoy.

1. Way to Make it to the World Series and Not Show Up

Ok, I know that they won one game over the weekend, but what the hell has happened to the Texas Ranger’s offense? They are terrible. Someone needs to let them know that there is one more 7 game series after the ALCS. Vladdy couldn’t hit a beach ball with the way he has been swinging. Josh Hamilton is nowhere to be found either. I’m not sure what is going on with the team, but they made the 21 year old stud Bumgarner look like Nolan Ryan himself. This one is signed, sealed, and delivered. I’m willing to admit I was wrong about this one.

2. Favorite Holiday’s of the Year

It is the best time of the year. The three best holidays of the year are all within a 2 month stretch. Starting with Halloween, which is a wonderful night of watching gorgeous girls walk around the bar with absolutely nothing on. God Bless the Holidays. Then comes Thanksgiving, which is amazing. What a great way to spend a day by lying around all day and eating every other hour. There also use to be great football that day, but the two worst teams in football get to play on Thanksgiving Day, the Lions and the awful Cowboys. I use to complain during the Cowboys game; because it was a good team I wanted to watch but always ended up falling asleep during the game. Not this year, I would be happy to fall asleep during the game, Hell everyone in their stadium has been falling asleep during their games.

3. Those Damn Georgia Bulldogs

Really Georgia? Is there no way you could have closed the door after that come from behind you were making against Florida. Yet again the damn Bulldogs could not close the deal, and essentially the entire SEC Championship game is going to come down to the Florida vs. South Carolina football game on November 13. If Georgia would have pulled the game off, then South Carolina would have been sitting pretty to win the East. It looks like the Ol Ball Coach Is going to have to go down to Gainsville to win one of the biggest games of his career.

4. High Movie Ticket Prices

Should you not be able to bring your own set of 3D glasses to the movies? I mean lets be honest here, movie prices are getting crazy out of control. To go see a movie in 3D, the price is around $11, ALL THE TIME. There is no Matinee. What is the reason for this? The reason is to recoup the cost of the glasses. So I told the lady, I have my own 3D glasses, does that make a difference? She shut me down like it was nothing. It is just crazy.

5. Weird NFL Season

It has been a weird NFL season, so far, with so many of the normally good teams struggling, and so many of the crappy teams actually looking pretty decent. For starters, the Cowboys and Vikings suck ass. They are absolutely horrible. And out of nowhere, the Raiders, Chiefs, and Seahawks are pretty decent. Hell even the Lions have won a couple of games. I like seeing some parody in the league. I like the fact that each and every week, a different team has an opportunity to win. Sucks for the Cowboys though…..

6. Ciint Boyer wins in Talladega

Who cares, is NASCAR not over yet? Their season is way too long.

7. Rondo Rondo Rondo

Rajon Rondo is sick nasty. I know the guy is surrounded by good talent, but he is sick nasty. The kid is averaging 17 assist per game. But it isn’t just Rondo; the entire NBA is looking pretty good at the point guard position. I can’t remember the league ever having this many talented point guards. Between Rondo, Felton, Chris Paul, Steve Nash, John Wall, Kidd, Deron Williams, and Brandon Jennings, I would say the talent at the Point Guard Position is pretty solid. And Iverson wonders why no team in the NBA is interested in his services.

8. 24/7

If you haven’t had an opportunity to watch a 24/7 series on HBO, you are missing out. Regardless what topic they are talking about, the show is solid. It follows an athlete on a backstage access period of time during their preparation for a season for a big game. So far, the Jimmie Johnson episode, as well as the Mayweather vs. Mosley season has been the best. I highly recommend checking it out when you might get a chance.


9. Kids these Days

There was a kid killed over the weekend after he was shot for supposedly egging someone’s house on Halloween. I mean seriously, how cruel has the world gotten that we can even egg houses anymore. People have been egging houses for years, hell I’ve egged a house or 2 in my day. But to shoot a kid for supposedly, not even definitely, is crazy. Kids be careful, things aren’t the same way they use to be.

10. The Top 10 in the Top 10

Each Week, I’m going to add a top 10 in the top 10. This is going to be a top 10 list of some of my favorites. Agree or disagree, let me know your thoughts. Let’s start with the most important:

THE TOP 10 SPORTS MOVIES OF ALL TIME

1. RUDY
2. Hoosiers
3. Rocky
4. Remember the Titans
5. Caddyshack
6. Jerry McGuire
7. Miracle
8. Major League
9. The Blind Side
10. Tin Cup

Honorable Mentions: Little Giants, The Mighty Ducks, Blue Chips, Love and Basketball, Happy Gilmore, and the Program

Leave me your thoughts and comments on the facebook post…. See you all Friday morning Suckazzzzzz.

2 comments:

Chris_Mcdonald said...

You left off The Sandlot! Rudy is overrated...the guy tried hard...big deal I tried hard and never got a movie named after me! What a scam. What about Dodgeball??

Angels in the Outfield got some love on Facebook.

Anonymous said...

Dude...Tupac. Above The Rim.

 

Blogger

Join the Council

Bro Nameth T-Shirts

Bro Nameth T-Shirts
Just Bro It.

BroNamethSports (BroNamethSports) on Twitter