Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Free For All Volume 8.0

Friday Free For All…..Volume 8.0
By: J Shannon
With some sad, sad, news, I hate to be the one to say this, but football season is almost over. I know it is rough, but if we stick together as a Bro Nameth family, we will find a way to get through the rest of the year. By the Way, if you haven’t ADDED BRO NAMETH SPORTS ON FACEBOOK, PLEASE GET BROTIVATED AND ADD ASAP!

----Top 3 “I think you should know” Stories from this Week:
1.       Keith Fitzhugh, You are def. a BRO in my book….

If you haven’t read anything about this story, it is one of the more heartfelt stories going on in sports right now. Keith Fitzhugh is an ex NFL player who lives and works here in the Atlanta area. He is a train conductor with the Norfolk Southern Railroad. Fitzhugh was offered a practice squad spot with the New York Jets, and an opportunity to possibly stay on the rest of the year. Fitzhugh declined, stating he cannot take a risk on his dream, because he has a guaranteed paycheck every two weeks now. He also said that his paycheck he currently gets not only pays his expenses, but also helps support his parents. The fact that the guy will put aside his own dreams to keep supporting his parents says a lot….

2.       College Basketball Saturday..….

There are a few big games this weekend, and I’m looking forward to nothing more than kicking back on the couch, starting a nice fire, and throwing back a couple of good ol fashioned American Brew Ha Ha’s. I have your entire Saturday already planned out for you, so kick back and enjoy….

(20) UNLV @ (24) Louisville – 12:00 Ricky P has put together yet another big time squad, and this will be the first test to see just how good the team really is…

(11) Pitt @ (11) Tennessee – 3:15 - This should be a great game…. I’m loving what Pitt has to offer this year….

Indiana @ (17) Kentucky – 5:15 - I know this game isn’t what it once was, but it’s still not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

3.       Down goes Urban, Down goes Urban…..

I’ll be honest; I’m not a big Urban Meyer fan. I think he is a little over the top, and seems to be a bit of an ass all the time. But I can’t really blame the guy for stepping down. Let’s face it, the pressure at a school like Florida is outrageous. The pressure of winning is often times tougher than when you are losing. Just look at last season for example, the Gators went 10-1, and Florida fans were disappointed. Add in the fact that both of his most recent Coordinators left to take over as head coaches at other schools. If you are a coach like Bob Stoops, Nick Saban, Les Miles, or Jim Tressel, why would you take the job? Yea it pays well, and you get some serious recruits from Florida, but is it worth all the pressure? I think not….Good luck to the next fool who heads that way…. BY THE WAY… MY GUESS FOR NEXT COACH…. MARK RICHT… YEA I SAID IT.
---Things that have pissed me off this week:
1.       D-Bag who doesn’t wait in line to get off ramp, but cuts in front of you instead….

Let me tell you something, there is nothing worse than waiting in line to get off the interstate, and some D-Bag cuts a car off way up in front of you. I love when a person tries to cut in front of me in line; I make it my goal try and be the biggest ass possible. I really like to ask the person if they would like to get in front of me, and then when they say yes, purposely block them from cutting in line. If you live in Atl, you know what I’m talking about.

2.       A Player who commits a foul then throws his arms up like “What I Do?”

I love when a guy commits an obvious penalty, such as pass interference, and then throws his arms up at the ref. after the flag is thrown. Chances are pretty good you know you committed a foul. Stop your bitching and complaining, man up, and play the next play.

---Youtube Clips of the week:
·         The first clip this week comes courtesy of JaVale McGee, who attempts to get his Jordan on…. Rule Number 1 when dunking from the free throw line: Make sure you actually can…

·         Not only is the best play of the year in my opinion, but this might be the best defensive play I have ever seen…..

---Shout-Outs for the Weekend
·         Cecil Newton- Way to at least be man enough to not attend the Heisman Trophy presentation. You’ve already tainted your son’s stellar college career, the least you can do is let him celebrate the biggest night of his life without you stealing the spotlight….

·         New York Knicks- You guys resemble an actual NBA basketball team. Lead by MVP candidate Amare Stoudemire, the Knicks are starting to look like the Knicks of old….

·         The White Man in the NFL Ain’t just the Kicker…. – Don’t look now, but the white football player is back, and I’m not talking about just playing O-Line.  Watching the Colts game last night, I was reminded that guys like Blair White, Danny Woodhead, Wes Welker, Jordan Shipley, Toby Gerhart Riley Cooper, and Peyton Hillis. Defense is just as nasty, with Tom Nelson, Jim Leonard, AJ Hawk, Clay Mathews, and Brian Cushing

·          Joe Johnson’s Elbow…. Joe has been out 6 games, and the Hawks are 5-1. Shocker. Hey Joe, make sure that thing heels well my friend, you may need to lay off of it a few months or so….

·         BG- I’m just going to say I am extremely tired today, and have you to thank. Hope the NY is fun, and I better be getting something bad ass when you get back.

·         Matt Watts- Appreciate your input on the blog, even though I purposely try and disagree with you just to piss you off….

·         The 30 for 30 Series- I actually haven’t seen one yet that isn’t good. Even when I feel like I’m not going to be interested, I still get hooked. Here are my top 5 you need to check out….

1.       THE U- The racial and cultural evolution of Miami during the 1980s as represented within the University of Miami football team.

2.       Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks- The impact of Reggie Miller on the New York Knicks in the 1990s, specifically focusing on the 1995 NBA Playoffs and Miller's interaction with Knicks fan Spike Lee.

3.       Run Ricky Run-A profile of Ricky Williams focuses on his brief 2004 departure from the NFL, when he sought self-redemption amidst media criticism and fresh rumors of marijuana use.

4.       The Birth of Big Air- The life of Mat Hoffman and his 25 year career of advancing BMX riding, both creatively and promotionally.


5.       The Best that Never Was- The 1981 recruiting of high school football player Marcus Dupree by multiple big-time college programs, his resulting career, and how his recruitment changed the recruiting process

As always, it’s been a pleasure. Leave a comment if you disagree with anything I got to say, and I’ll prove to you why you are wrong….. Check in again Monday Suckazzzzz.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

don't forget 30 for 30 Tale of Two Escobars

Chris_Mcdonald said...

Good looking out! The 2 Escobars was off the chain because Pablo ran that country...Dudes were scared to NOT go play soccer with him. Then that poor dude deflects the ball in.

Chris_Mcdonald said...

From the little I saw of the Pony Excess it has to go on the list...It was off the chain

 

Blogger

Join the Council

Bro Nameth T-Shirts

Bro Nameth T-Shirts
Just Bro It.

BroNamethSports (BroNamethSports) on Twitter