Thursday, December 9, 2010

Picking Contest, Braves and Hawks Chatter, Skip Bayless really is dumb

After another dismal performance by myself I have to admit I am kind of glad that I don't really have to pick any college games this weekend! I am straight getting worked by pretty much everyone in the contest. We had some folks not submit some picks so I made an executive decision to give you all ZERO'S. However, since almost everyone didn't pick it actually made the contest extremely close. So step your game up and don't miss this week! **Bo I cant find your picks on facebook but I know you made them...**Here is where we stand:


Wk1
Wk 2
Wk 3
Wk 4
Wk 5
Wk 6
Wk 7
Wk 8
Total
Jeffrey
5
6
7
0
0



18
Jason
5
6
4
0
0



15
Mary
4
5
6
0
0



15
Chris
3
4
4
0
4



15
Krieger
0
0
7
0
7



14
Bo
0
3
7
0




10
Pat 
0
3
5
0
0



8
Gaddy
0
0
6
0
0



6


NFL: Taken from USA TODAY
  • Navy (-8.5) vs. Army......Give me Army +8.5
  • Atlanta (-7) @ Carolina......Dive me Da Falcons -7
  • San Diego (-7) vs. Kansas City......Give me Da Chiefs +7
  • Patriots (-3) @ Chicago......Give me Da Bears +3
  • Philly (-3) @ The CowGirls......Give me Da CowGirls +3
  • NY Jets (-5.5) vs. The Dolphins......Give me Da Jets -5.5
  • NY Giants (-2) @ Minnesota......Give me Da Vikings +2
  • Baltimore (-3) @ Houston......Give me Da Ravens -3
  • GB (-6.5) @ Detroit......Give me Da Packers -6.5
Weekend Choices:
  • The Tourist or Chronicles of Narnia......The Tourist
  • McDonald's or Wendy's......I'm torn, but have to go with Wendy's
  • Craps or Blackjack......Craps
  • Snow Ski or Water Ski......Snow Ski
  • Job Security or 2 week gig to earn the job of your dreams......2 week gig, Bro Big or Bro Home
The Atlanta Braves have quietly put together some nice moves this off season. Everyone knows about Dan "Yo momma is" Uggla, but they signed lefty George Sherrill yesterday to a 1 year contract. Now some of you fantasy owners might recognize Sherrill from his days with the Orioles and his consistent 25-30 saves with them. Sherrill is a very crafty, hard throwing lefty who has been with the Dodgers the last 2 years. His stats last year were NOT good. However, lefties only hit around .190 off him last year and I think this definitely bolsters our bullpen. Nice work Frank Wren. Now go get us some help in CF.

The Hawks have been playing some great ball over the last week or so including a very impressive win over the Orlando Magic in Orlando. It would be to easy to take shots at Joe Johnson since the Hawks look BETTER without him in the lineup. I have always been one to take shots so here we go. Joe Johnson is bad and ruins our offense. He isn't worth nearly what we are paying him and his stupid Iso offense is just that, stupid. Since he has gone down the Hawks are 5-1 and looking good doing so. Josh Smith has elevated his game as has Al Horford. I still wish the Hawks would have signed Raymond Felton and let Joe walk. Felton is having a great year in NewYork and who knows, maybe we could have convinced a big FA next year to come here. It is what it is and we are stuck with Joe and his indifferent attitude. I did want to give a big shout out to the Hawks as they have earned it. Keep up the good work while Joe is out because once he returns i for see a bunch of 5-19 nights from him like we have grown accustomed to.

Skip Bayless is really starting to push my buttons. The guy has the BIGGEST AGENDA against the Atlanta Falcons that I have ever seen. He said the Falcons were the 9th best team in the NFL. Are you on drugs? Just because the Falcons don't blow people out they are an average football team? Please. I honestly cannot understand how someone who consistently makes moronic comments continues to GET PAID by the four letter network. I would love to debate him and I am confident I would absolutely destroy him if given the chance. Its bad enough that ESPN favors the northeast and the Atlanta teams as a whole get no love but for him to sit there are continue to put the Falcons down when they have done nothing but win and beat some pretty damn good football teams is an embarrassment to sports talk. I'm sure he is only saying these things to push buttons and get people fired up but at some point it just makes you look stupid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skip Bayless sucks!

Jeff Holzberg said...

Back to dominance...
- Navy
- Atlanta
- Kansas City
- Pats
- Cowboys
- Jets
- Giants
- Baltimore
- Green Bay
- 127 Hours
- Wendy's
- Never played craps, but I think I'd like it
- Snow ski
- I'm entering a field of job security although I would hope I would chose the latter

Anonymous said...

Army
The dirty Birds
Chargers
bears +3
Eagles
Jets
Giants
Ravens
Packers

Tourist
Wendys
Blackjack, and i kick your butt everytime..
waterski, and again i kick your butt..
2 week

 

Blogger

Join the Council

Bro Nameth T-Shirts

Bro Nameth T-Shirts
Just Bro It.

BroNamethSports (BroNamethSports) on Twitter