Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Batted Down at the Line

Cam Newton is the best player in College Football and its really not even close. Unfortunately for him, his dad took money from Auburn (He is guilty, THEY ALL ARE) to get Cam to play there and this is going to ruin Auburn's National Title hopes if not now, then down the road. If Cam does win the Heisman (Which I Think he should) once its proven that he did accept money they are going to take it back just like they did with Reggie Bush.

A report came out this morning on both ESPN and CBSSportsline that Cecil Newton, Cams father, wanted "more than a scholarship" for his son to go to Mississippi State. Here it is straight from the CBS article:

Prior to Newton's commitment to Auburn, one of the recruiters said Cecil Newton told him it would take "more than a scholarship" to bring his son to Mississippi State, a request the source said the school would not meet. Cecil Newton also referred the recruiter to a third person that would provide more specifics, the source said.


After Newton committed to Auburn, another source said an emotional Cam Newton phoned another recruiter to express regret about his change of commitment from Mississippi State, stating that his father Cecil had chosen Auburn for him because "the money was too much."

I am an Auburn fan as I went their my freshman year of College before transferring to South Carolina. Auburn fans are blind if they think that the Newton's did nothing wrong and this is not true. Why would someone make this up? Mississippi State is having the best year they have had in a long time so why would they all of a sudden just start making this stuff up? Why throw out a figure like $180,000 if you didnt have some kind of contact requesting that amount? It doesnt make sense to make any of that up. Where there is smoke their is fire. I cannot think of a SINGLE college athlete who has faced accusations like this that was proven innocent. It doesnt happen.

Look, if I was Cam Newton and my dads church was falling down and I could help him with that I would have probobly done the same thing. Continuing to deny is only going to make you look more foolish. Reggie Bush to this day continues to deny deny deny and yet they have his uncle on tape confirming Reggies family took money! I dont get it, just admit it and get it over with. Nowadays there are to many people out there digging around to get away with something like this. If he is proven innocent I will be the first person to stand up and say I was wrong but history tells me I am right on the "money" with this one.

The NCAA better act on this fast because Auburn staying undefeated while having an ineligible player is directly effecting the BCS including TCU, BOISE and LSU. If I am one of the 3 teams mentioned before and Auburn goes on to win the National Title but 2 years down the road they find out hes guilty and strip them of the National Title I would be livid. LSU lost at Auburn by a late TD and that is their only loss. If Newton is ineligible then LSU is prob the #2 team in the country right now and in the drivers seat for a National Title shot. Both Boise and TCU are probobly going to be on the outside looking in anyway, but if Auburn is stripped later on and they were screwed out of a chance to play for the NT I would try and sue. I don't know if thats something you can even do but I would try.

2 comments:

LaFever said...

Denying guilt worked a lot better for Pete Rose than admitting it did. Same for O.J. Simpson

Best policy is usually: Deny, Deny, Deny, Deny, Deny.

Chris_Mcdonald said...

Unfortunately Denying is the best thing nowadays...problem is now Pete Rose looks like a fool bc everyone knew he was guilty and yet he continued to deny. just like Reggie Bush with his scandal. He continues to say he did nothing wrong yet HBO Real Sports has his Uncle on camera saying that Reggies family took money. At that point its time to give it up. The OJ Simpson thing is beyond ridiculous. But I do agree that denying unfortunately is the best policy.

I saw your article Pat Clark posted that you wrote a few years back regarding the scam the NCAA uses to make money off of players and I completely agree. I believe that players should be compensated some but it will never happen since its an amateur sport.

 

Blogger

Join the Council

Bro Nameth T-Shirts

Bro Nameth T-Shirts
Just Bro It.

BroNamethSports (BroNamethSports) on Twitter