Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Morning Free for All Volume 4

Friday Free For All…..Volume 4.0

Thank God it is Friday. Between the cooler weather and the time change, this has been a long week, and I have had a rough time getting out of bed every morning. But it is the weekend, and what better way to kick it off than a Friday Morning Free For All… By the Way, if you haven’t added BRO NAMETH SPORTS ON FACEBOOK, PLEASE GET BROTIVATED AND ADD ASAP!

----Top 3Things I’m looking forward to this weekend:

1. South Carolina vs. Florida - Alright, this is it for South Carolina. It is time to either do your business, or get off the pot. There is no secret that the winner of this game goes to Atlanta to play for the SEC Championship. It’s time for Steve Spurrier to earn all that money that he makes. This team has an opportunity to do something that no other South Carolina team has ever done. There are three keys to the game the way I see it.

a. Marcus Lattimore- The kid has to be 100% healthy, and has to run with the same fire he did against Georgia. This is the game to prove why you were a 5 Star Back.

b. Stopping the Run-Although South Carolina’s pass defense can only be found on milk cartons these days, I think stopping the run is the key to the game. Let’s make Florida pass over the top, make them win the way the struggle.

c. Turnovers- I’m going to go on record and say this: If South Carolina has at most 1 turnover, they will win the game. Cut and dry, if we protect the football, I feel we have the talent to outplay Florida.

2. Family Time This weekend- I will get my first opportunity to go home and visit little Miss. Hallie Shannon Wilson. Not to get mushy, but your boy is an official uncle. It has put into perspective just how old I’m actually getting. I’ll be in the big city of Flo-Town this weekend, and if anyone else happens to be there, I would be more than happy to get together and enjoy a good old fashioned American Brew…

3. College Basketball- Don’t get me wrong, I’m a major football fan. Football is my favorite sport by far, but I love me some basketball too. Of course there are very few competitive games the first month of the season, but at least you get an opportunity to see what some of the newest diaper dandies might do this year. For the record, as much as I HATE to admit this, I got Duke repeating this season….

----Top 3 things that have pissed me off this week:

1. The “Cam Newton didn’t do anything, Leave Him Alone” Auburn Fan- Really? You’re and idiot. I’m not taking anything away from his God given talent. The Kid is a star. But to continuously deny that Cam took money? If you believe that, then I guess you’ll believe me if I said the Dallas Cowboys could still make it to the Super Bowl this year. There have been dozens and dozens of these types of allegations in college football. And I’ll tell you what; I’ll send a FREE T-Shirt to the Auburn Fan who can tell me an instance where a player was “falsely accused of taking money.” Exactly my point….

2. The Brad Childress Soap Opera up in Minnesota – Look, I don’t like Brad Childress. No one likes Brad Childress, not even his own team. Is it a surprise that his own team made statements this week that they don’t like him? First, I think he is extremely overrated. What do the names of Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin, Brett Favre, Randy Moss, The Williams boys, Jared Allen, McKinney, Loadholt, and Steve Hutchinson have in common? Yes all previous Pro Bowlers, but also they all started at one point for the Minnesota Vikings. If you can’t figure out to win with this group, you do not need to be a head Coach….

3. Tool Bag worker at the Dome- Hey dude, you work for the Georgia Dome. You have a button on your shirt that says “Ask me if you need help.” So we ask for directions to a place to park, and the Dipstick says “I don’t know, it is a sold out game.” I would have rather him tell me to kiss his ass, because he doesn’t feel like telling me. If you don’t want to be helpful, then don’t be an information guy at the Dome….

----Youtube Clips of the week:

If you need a good laugh, here is another great clip from the guys at QVC, enjoy.


---Shout-Outs for the Weekend

• Carrie Underwood- Watched her on the CMA Awards Wednesday night, and she is a dime piece….
• Brandon Jennings- Dude is a stud, dropping three’s and scoring whenever he feels like. I have respect for a guy who says he is not college material, goes overseas for a year to play, and comes back to the NBA to become a star.
• 30 for 30 on Maurice Dupree- What a great story, if you didn’t get to see it, def. take some time and check it out.
• Dirty Birds- What a game, what a game….
• All Veteran’s… Past, Present, and Future- Thank you for being courageous at all times, and allowing me and my family and friends to enjoy the free world.
• The Pass the Beer down rule- Shout out to all of the sports fans who know the rules, pass the money down to the beer man in the isle, and then wait to pass the beer back. It is great that no one gets upset about this, and that everyone knows the rule.
• BG- What a crazy week….? Good times, Great oldies…. I haven’t laughed that hard in a while… although I’m still heartbroken about the rain boots. Anyway, you’re on your way to getting Brotivated, you aren’t quite there yet, but you’re on your way….
• The Newest Bro Nameth Supporters- Matt Watts, Jessica Justice, Steven Mooneyhan, Roberto Haley, Sue “Pam” Smith, and of course BG. Thanks for reading and supporting…. You guys keep me Brotivated.

As always, it’s been a pleasure. Leave a comment if you disagree with anything I got to say, and I’ll prove to you why you are wrong….. Check in again Monday Suckazzzzz.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Quote: "1. The “Cam Newton didn’t do anything, Leave Him Alone” Auburn Fan- Really? You’re and idiot." Nice spelling of the word "an". Burgular proofread this shit...... This is dumb mistake number #2. Give me a shirt.

Unknown said...

and Keyshawn Johnson was falsely accused of taking money.

The issue first surfaced at USC last summer when star wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson was accused of accepting money from an agent while he played at West L.A. College. An NCAA and Pacific 10 Conference inquiry failed to uncover enough evidence to prove wrongdoing. Johnson denied the allegations, saying the agent in question was a longtime friend.

Sourcs:
http://articles.latimes.com/1996-01-08/sports/sp-22318_1_sports-agent
http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/scocca/archive/2010/10/13/one-time-a-usc-football-star-didn-t-take-money.aspx

I wear a large......

Dunndre said...

I would really like to see the follow up here and make sure brett gets his T-Shirt. The burglar is so angry towards Cam Newton because he used to be an Auburn man and like a dumbass transfered to South Carolina. Now he's the married guy with a kid who writes a blog.

dunndre said...

Dunndre would like to recant his previous statement now that he sees burglar did not write the stuff about Cam. However Dunndre is inerestred to know where "Downtown Buckhead" is since he grew up in buckhead and has never heard of this mysterious area known as "downtown buckhead"

Chris_Mcdonald said...

Gentleman- Thank you for the comments...I did not write the above article...

AS you both know I attended Auburn for a brief period and am an Auburn fan...I hope he gets away with it but its getting worse each day and to say that the accusations arent valid is just stupid at this point...

Whoadey dunndre...you sport a Get Brotivated shirt around The Lake?

Brett- submit some picks on the Thursday post and you will prob beat me so thats a shirt.

Chris_Mcdonald said...

Brett- Nice find on Keyshawn...Keyshawn is a BRO since he def. got paid but got away with it...but nice find...

Chris_Mcdonald said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dunndre said...

Please consult your co-blogger and determine where "downtown buckhead" is

Anonymous said...

Number 1: My apologies for not spelling "an" correctly. That's what happens after a long night of American BrewHaHas at th Falcons game.

Number 2: Good Call on K-Johnson, although I believe that story as much as I believe Mother Teresa had Herpes.

Number 3: Cam is still rolling around in some sketchy activity.

As far as Downtown Buckhead, you are right, there is no such place. I will now refer to Buckhead only as Buckhead...

I do however appreciate the encouragement to step up my Brotivation!

Unknown said...

Co Blogging Jason , you handled the criticism like a true bro-blogger. Well done. I still want a t shirt.

Chris_Mcdonald said...

Brett- You will have your shirt by the SEC champ game...i fully expect you to send a pic into Bro Nameth sporting this shirt out and about...

 

Blogger

Join the Council

Bro Nameth T-Shirts

Bro Nameth T-Shirts
Just Bro It.

BroNamethSports (BroNamethSports) on Twitter