Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hawks update, this weekends picking contest continued and Veterans Day Tribute

So the Hawks start out 6-0 and everyone including myself is feeling good about the team and the new offense. I am not going to bash them everytime they go on a losing streak and play poorly but I am going to call them out when they play this bad. Im sitting here with a good ole fashioned American BrewHAHA and watching them get absolutely drilled by the Bucks. I mean this is an absolute ASS kicking. Brandon Jennings is playing like no one is guarding him, Joe Johnson with his typical unassuming 13 points where you can barely tell he is even playing and Josh Smith turning the ball over everytime he tries to make a move to the basket.

I know it is early on but this is starting to turn into the Hawks under Mike Woodson. Lots of standing around watching Joe dribble around doing nothing to take a bad shot and hope we might get an offensive rebound. I know this is only 1 game but Im hoping it doesnt escalate into something more. I was pleading with the Hawks management to let Joe walk and resign Crawford to a 3 year deal. That would not tie our hands with the contract Joe signed which is just obsurd. You could make Jordan Crawford the off the bench scoring weapon and have some money to make a move down the road.

As I am writing this Jordan Crawford is looking like an offensive freak. Jeff Teague is pushing the ball everytime he gets it and the Hawks look great. To bad they were down 29 going into the 4th! Another beef I have with the Hawks offense is when things start to get dull and the shots arent falling we need to push the ball like madmen. Every starter is young and can run. You have maybe the best finisher in the league in Josh Smith yet I see the Hawks consistantly walking the ball up the court.


Here is where we stand after the first week:

Wk1Wk 2Wk 3Wk 4Wk 5Wk 6Wk 7Wk 8Total
Jeffrey55
Jason55
Mary44
Chris33


As you can see I am terrible and my wife is beating me. With the way that I pick it is not to late to enter. Just comment on the blog with your name and your picks and the winner when its all over will get a free Bro Nameth T-Shirt. Below are the games we will be picking for both college and NFL this weekend:

College: All lines taken from YAHOO

Miami (-2.5) @ Georgia Tech.....Give me GT +2.5
Auburn (-8) vs. Georgia.....Give me Auburn -8
Florida (-6.5) vs. S.Carolina.....Give me Da Gamecocks +6.5
Virginia Tech (-3.5) @ UNC.....Give me UNC +3.5
OK State (-5.5) @ Texas....Give me Texas +5.5

NFL: All lines take from USA Today

Pittsburgh (-5) vs. New England...."Home of the Pats" +5
Philly (-3) @ Washington....Give meDa Skins +3
TENN (-2) @ Miami.....Give me Tenn -2
Minnesota (-1) @ Chicago....Give me Minnesota -1
NY Giants (-13.5) vs. The Cowgirls....The Cowgirls +13.5

Weekend Exploits:

Unstoppable or Skyline.....Unstoppable looks about as cool as the swine flu....give me Skyline
Arby's 5 for $5 or the 5 buck box it rocks it rocks....Im thinking Arby's
Vodka or Jack.....Vodka
Clermont Lounge or stabbing yourself.....stab myself
Professional Football Player or Professional golfer....professional golfer

In honor of Veterans Day: Thanks to all you have done for this country



**Special shoutout to the Jewish Hammer, Mary, Bo Zimmerman, Pat "Luke Warm bath water" Clark, Coach LaFever and everyone else who read and comments on the blog. Thanks for the support

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that video made me tear up, great post!...i did notice i'm kickin your butt thought ;)

Anonymous said...

Give me GT
Give me Auburn
Give me S. Carolina
Give me VT
Give me Ok State


Give me Steelers
Give me Eagles
Give me Tenn
Give me Minnesota
Give me Giants

Anonymous said...

oh and sorry, i know i must also answer your exploits...
skyline
arbys
no vodka for me
no comment?
prof golfer

Patrick Ian said...

Georgia Tech
Georgia
Florida
Virginia Tech
Oklahoma State
Appalachian State

Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Tennessee
Minnesota
New York

Precious on BluRay
Classic 5 for $5
Knob Creek
Give me the Knife +8
NFL Kicker - 401K employer-match program is ridiculous

T-Shirt Size - Medium with Large sleeves

Jeff Holzberg said...

Like the post broheim. I'm just not a huge NBA fan... it's too predictable and the discrepancy b/w great teams and crappy teams is like rich vs. poor in India. Besides fantasy basketball, the NBA just doesn't grind my gears.
To keep on winning, here are my picks:

College:
- Miami
- Auburn
- S. Carolina
- UNC
- OK State

NFL:
- Pittsburgh (Tom Brady's getting no love w/ that mullet)
- Philly
- Tennessee
- Chicago
- NY Giants

(Note: I think every one of my picks was opposite of Chris')

Weekend: you mean besides studyin?
- I don't know either of these.
- Subway
- Jack, no question.
- Clermont Lounge. You can't say stab yourself if you've never been before. Tuesday's at 12 midnight is karaoke = awesome.
- Prof. golfer, no doubt.

 

Blogger

Join the Council

Bro Nameth T-Shirts

Bro Nameth T-Shirts
Just Bro It.

BroNamethSports (BroNamethSports) on Twitter